Lund University is a core partner in EIT Food
EIT Food is a Knowledge and Innovation Community (KIC) supported by the European Institute for Innovation and Technology (EIT).
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted. EIT Food seeks to transform the way in which we produce, distribute and consume food throughout Europe to improve consumer confidence and health.
EIT Food is a unique network of diverse partners that provide a holistic view of the food value chain. The network consists of over 50 partners, including key industry playsers, universities, research centers and agrifood startups from across Europe, all working together to deliver an innovative and entrepreneurial Food sector.
EIT Food has the ambition to:
- enable consumers to make informed and affordable personal nutrition choices.
- develope a digital Food Supply network with consumers and industry as equal partners.
- develope solutions to transform the traditional 'produce-use-dispose' model into a circular bio-economy.
- provide 'food system' skills for students, entrepreneurs and professionals through advanced training programmes.
- support startups and investing in the most promising businesses with the most brilliant ideas to contribute to the future of our Food.
Read more about EIT Food